Burness, a mission-driven communications firm committed to helping nonprofits and foundations advance social change worldwide, seeks dynamic communications professionals with strong strategy, media relations, writing and digital communications skills. The ideal candidates would have three to seven years of experience with a US public relations firm, a nonprofit organization communications office or in a press office on Capitol Hill. Ideally, the candidates have, through their work, become familiar with issues around public health and/or children’s health and/or tobacco control and the factors that impact health (poverty, transportation, education, income, nutrition, the environment, mental health, etc.).
We are looking for one or more consultants to retain this fall and likely into next year. Basic job requirements include the demonstrated ability to:
· write clearly and concisely (blogs, press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, social media content, talking points).
· lead and carry out proactive media relations promotions–pitching and placing stories.
· develop and execute policymaker outreach strategies at the federal and state levels.
· manage independent projects and project coordination.
· engage social audiences and organizations to raise visibility on and interest in issues our partners care about.
· work collaboratively with a team and external clients.
· be flexible and willing to change course quickly.
Strong interpersonal skills, organization and attention to detail are also important for this position. Familiarity with our work platforms is a plus. These include productivity/communications platforms: Slack, Asana, Microsoft Office/Sharepoint, Microsoft Teams, Zoom and public relations-specific resources: Muckrack, Leadership Directories, and Critical Mention.
Although we are not currently hiring full-time employees for these activities, the consulting positions could lead to full-time employment. Burness offers excellent benefits, including four weeks paid vacation, tuition assistance for professional development, a friendly and collegial working environment, and a competitive salary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Related Jobs (24)
Customer Service – Voice/Chat Support – Work from Home on October 10, 2020 Remote
Customer Service Consultant – Bilingual English/German – Work from Home on October 7, 2020 Remote
Customer Service Consultant – German – Remote Working on October 7, 2020 Remote