The Arc of Pennsylvania is looking for a candidate to perform work for two of our main programs. This is an amazing position where you will be involved with participants of all ages both in school settings and out in the community. The Arc of Pennsylvania and our programs believe all individuals with significant impact of developmental and intellectual disabilities deserve equal educational and employment rights.
One program is Include Me, which is a model for the inclusive education of Pennsylvania’s students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our mission is to build and strengthen the inclusive education capacity for all public-school students and to ensure all impacted students have equal access to all aspects of life and the community throughout their lifespan.
Another program is ADEPT, the goal of the services provided by ADEPT is to support an individual with significant impact of disability in their goals to obtain community integrated employment. This is done by learning the participant thru Discovery; involving leading development and completion of the Discovery process and a Discovery Profile that defines the participants conditions for success, skills, interests and contributions to a potential employer, and ultimately provides the outline which defines the actions necessary for the participant to gain meaningful integrated employment. This includes collaboration with participants, parents and families, educators, and other providers working with the participant.
Interested candidates must:
- Understanding of and commitment to inclusion and inclusive practices.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in Education or related field or equivalent experience
- Be able and willing to travel to their assigned region
- Must be willing to commit to and complete certification training in Discovery. This certification training is provided by The Arc of Pennsylvania. The opportunity to become certified in Job Development and Systematic Instruction will also be provided to Program Specialists.
- Be able to obtain Act 34, Act 151, Act 126, Act 114, and Act 168 clearances
- Computer skills, including but not limited to data entry and literacy in the use of Microsoft office and Excel programs.
- Work closely with The Arc of Pennsylvania’s Program Director and Discovery Program Specialist with defining success criteria, measuring effectiveness of initiatives and reporting on results.
- Have the proven ability to implement inclusive activities in a regular education setting
- Provide training to families, educators, providers, supports coordinators, the business community and others interested in customized employment for individuals with disabilities.
- Lead and facilitate a customized plan for employment meeting to assure a well-defined outline is developed to guide customized job development for each Discovery participant.
- Create a visual resume for each Discovery participant which can be used during customized employment job development.
- If certified to conduct customized employment job development, complete the activities of employer contacts, benefits/needs analysis and negotiation of a customized job description for the Discovery participant. If not certified, ensure the smooth transition of the participant and her/his Discovery profile and customized plan for employment to a consultant certified in customized employment job development.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $32,000.00 – $40,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Typical start time: 8AM
Typical end time: 4PM
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
Company’s website: https://thearcpa.org/
Benefit Conditions: Waiting period may apply
Work Remotely: Yes